Friday, April 1, 2011

Reborn - Falling from the Sky

My 2nd and last tandem jump is scheduled for tomorrow morning. After today, it's all training for my solo license. Shiiiiiiiit...

A friend asked me today why it was that I thought the first dive changed my life. I told him it's the difference between sitting on the couch and wishing and getting off the couch and doing. it's about surrendering everything that your mortal mind knows and going against the grain. It's about stepping out into the waves of gravity and fooling yourself into thinking you are defying it.

Then, someone said it's like being born. Yes. it's like experiencing everything over for the first time and wanting to grab hold of it all at once. You want to inhale life within 60 seconds. Yes, it is a religious experience.

I look forward to my jump with dread and excitement. The dread of the fear... which is only real if I let it be... and the excitement of experiencing life again for what feels like the first time and through a completely different perspective.

When you conquer fear you are capable of anything. There is nothing else in this world I can imagine that will give me this feeling. i am chasing something... but for once, I can reach it.

Yes, I can fear for my life if I choose. This is about the experience. This is about the LIFE that I feel. It's as if I've been asleep for entirely too long. This must be that "high" they talk about. Good lord, it's awesome. I'm in trouble.


Why let fear win? Why waste this moment? This is my moment. I am alive. I ride the sky. I fly like a bird. I have no fear. I'm lying. I'm scared shitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment